You know how when you were younger (or if you are around young kids) you would close your eyes and count to 20 while playing hide and go seek? Or maybe to 10? What about 100? Today’s Fun Fact for The Prince and the Pauper Chapter 24 focuses on…
COUNTING TO 100,000
Keep reading or watch the video below for more information.
Reference in The Prince and the Pauper
“ ‘Only that thou be blind and dumb and paralytic whilst one may count a hundred thousand—counting slowly,’ said Hendon, with the expression of a man who asks but a reasonable favour, and that a very little one.” (p. 148)
Counting to 100,000
- Amount of time to count to 100 (slowly)
- 132 seconds (2 minutes 12 seconds)
- Amount of time to count to 1,000
- 132 x 10 = 1320 seconds (22 minutes)
- Amount of time to count to 10,000
- 1320 x 10 = 13,200 seconds (220 minutes) (3 hours 40 minutes)
- Amount of time to count to 100,000
- 13,200 x 10 = 132,000 seconds (2,200 minutes) (36 hours, 40 minutes)
Follow us on social media!