Our vocab word for The Prince and the Pauper Chapter 32 has many meanings: using a fishing line, the people who act in a movie or play, something you put on your arm when it’s broken. The vocab word is…
Keep reading or watch the video below see how the word ‘cast’ is used in The Prince and the Pauper.
(v.) to get rid of; to throw away
often refers to something unwanted
- Language of Origin: Old Norse
- kasta = “to cast or throw”
- Straightforward sentence: The security officer caught the pickpockets and cast them into the alley.
- Sentence from the chapter: “Cast the beggar into the street, and scourge him through the town—the paltry knave is worth no more consideration” (p. 193)
- Other forms: casts, casting, etc.
Follow us on social media!