In Chapter 25 of The Prince and the Pauper, Miles Hendon returns home after being gone for a very long time. There are numerous examples of similar situations in the real world, one of which we will focus on today. In the Chapter 25 Current Event, we explore…
Keep reading or watch the video below to find out more.
Reference in The Prince and the Pauper
“ ‘What! thou art not jesting? can the dead come to life? God be praised if it be so! Our poor lost boy restored to our arms after all these cruel years! Ah, it seems too good to be true, it is too good to be true—I charge thee, have pity, do not trifle with me! Quick—come to the light—let me scan thee well!’
‘Go on, brother, go on, and fear not; thou’lt find nor limb nor feature that cannot bide the test. Scour and scan me to thy content, my good old Hugh—I am indeed thy old Miles, thy same old Miles, thy lost brother, is’t not so? Ah, ’tis a great day—I said ’twas a great day! Give me thy hand, give me thy cheek—lord, I am like to die of very joy!’ ” (p. 153)
Here we see Miles bringing Edward back through his own village with a final destination of Hendon Hall.
Who is Guo Gangtang?
- A man living in China with his wife
- 24 years ago, their 2 year old son was kidnapped
- Guo traveled more than 300,000 miles on his motorcycle to search for his son
- He handed out fliers since 1997
- He went through 10 motorcycles searching
- On July 11, 2021 he and his wife were reunited with their son, Guo Zinzhen (now mid-20s)
- A DNA test proved that this was the boy Guo had been looking for
- Two people have been arrested in connection with his kidnapping
An Ongoing Issue in China
- Hundreds of thousands of children may have gone missing in the last 40 years
- Government officials in China are increasing efforts to track down victims and their captors
- Chinese government set up a missing child alert system
Follow us on social media!